Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

My XL Big Green Egg Table - What about the feet...

DenevanDenevan Posts: 24
edited December 2012 in EGG Table Forum

I have wanted to build a table for my XL BGE forever now and I am nearly finished adding the final touches (going to TRY to make some doors and then stain and spar varnish the whole thing). I Kreg jigged 2x4's and 4x4's for the frame and then covered it in cedar picket fence posts ($2.25 at the big box stores – much cheaper than cedar boards – but they need to be sanded)... I really prefer the open concept verses dropping the egg though a hole (I move a lot so it has to be somewhat mobile).

I went to add my feet and cannot decide if I should do two in the front and 1 in the back or two in the back and 1 in the front. I looked at many pictures and it is about 50/50... The egg seems to be sturdy -- does anyone have any suggestions or engineering reasons why one way is better? Is the new table nest any better of a solution?

Comments