Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Standing Rib Roast. MEGAPIXELS of pictures. (you're warned - no mobile devices without unlimited)

nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,178
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
So simple, even a cave man can do it.   I see a lot of people planning on cooking them for the holidays.  Nothing you do is wrong if you like the result.  I cooked hundreds of these things when I was in high school and college working in a restaurant.  Of course I was cooking full primal prime beef.  Tonight I'm throwing on some lowly select.

In a nut shell, I fired up the egg to 225F.  250F is fine too.  Let that warm up.  No smoke wood.  The meat is the feature of this dish.

While it's warming up, I pull the roast out of the fridge.  I don't bother warming it up. The butcher cut off the ribs and tied them back on.  Eggcellent.

I put salt and pepper on the outside, and between the tied-on ribs and meat.  No oil, no other herbs or spices.  Less is more.

Get good smoke, throw it on the egg - went on about 15 minutes ago (5PM CST), now I'm letting it cook to 120-125, haven't decided yet.

I'll post follow up pics as I go.

imageimageimageimageimage

Comments