Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Christmas gift?

Options
2»

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    One that the kids and I still talk about is the 3 day airplane ride. HWMBO was a pilot and didn't have Christmas off so we spent the holiday in the friendly skies and dinner in San Francisco. Great time. The most exciting Christmas was when the first Grand was born on December 23. He will be 11 and this will be the second time we will have spent his "real" birthday with him.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    XD9.  Doesn't jam ever.  Unless you get drunk and put the spring in backwards.
    Options
    XD9.  Doesn't jam ever.  Unless you get drunk and put the spring in backwards.

LOL, funny you say that because I have an XD9 and it has NEVER jammed, until I put the spring in backwards when I cleaned it then went to the range. I just got an M&P Shield (by the hardest) and it is as reliable as the XD.

The Kimber is very nice but a 1911 takes some break in and some TLC to make it run. Doing good though, I have surpassed the 500 rds in it.

The HK's are really nice too. They are proud of them bad boys.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Plano, your right but those Kimbers aren't free either. I looked and the xd and m&p ...held the HK, shot it and fell in love. I figure if I'm going to carry it might as well be one I'm comfortable with. I love the 15+1 capacity.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I carry a Sig Sauer P238 .380 because it fits nicely in my front pocket.  I have a Glock 9mm, but you have to have a holster, then be concerned about concealing it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I ordered my holster from Desbian leathers. Comfortable and very concealing. I've got a Ruger 380 with a Crimson Trace but seldom carry it.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I carry a Sig Sauer P238 .380 because it fits nicely in my front pocket.  I have a Glock 9mm, but you have to have a holster, then be concerned about concealing it.
    Do you ever hear "Is that a Sig Sauer P238 .380, or are you just happy to see me?"  I get that all the time.
    Do you ever hear "Is that a Sig Sauer P238 .380, or are you just happy to see me?"  I get that all the time.
    At my age, I consider that a compliment when I hear it.   =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mickey said:

Guys after 65 Christmas's that is the ONLY Christmas (including last year) I can remember the Christmas and the presents. 

That's because you've been drunk on your ass all the other Christmases.  =))
    Gary at the next AA Meeting we go to togather I am going to bring this up. They said not to be saying this kind of thing in public. I will not be able to sponsor you in the future.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Gary at the next AA Meeting we go to togather I am going to bring this up. They said not to be saying this kind of thing in public. I will not be able to sponsor you in the future.
    I'll drink to that. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2012
    Options

Guns are like knives, personal preference.  I too, like the XD platform and supporting the local economy.  A review of SA's latest bar raising piece...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fmr8iZyeXw

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    All I ever wanted growing up were rubber olive green soldiers (about 3" long).  We'd make forts and bunkers and carefully place the soldiers in position.  I guess that's the boys' version of playing dolls.
    We'd get the smaller ones, build  a few armies.  Create battle fields and blow 'em up with firecrackers. 
    We'd also do that with model cars or airplanes.
    Firecrackers and lighter fluid.
    Flamethrowers were cans of mom's hairspray and a lighter.  I was a bad kid.

Aqua Net and bic was also my weapon of choice. I also disassembled 12 ga shells, dumped the powder in to newspaper for flashbombs. Don't even get me started with the 2 liter coke bottles, tin foil and muriatic acid (big BOOM) I am lucky to be alive with all my digits and hearing in tact.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Focker - Springfield XDs are made in Croatia, or at least they used to be.  Love mine. 

@Cen-Tex - We outta start a thread about that some day.  I have some stories.  People like me shouldn't have access to Chemistry labs. :D
    Options
    We used to have bottle rocket and candle stick fights...they burn like hell of you get hit. As far as the HK...I love to buy murikan but it's a great pistol.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah I know....HS2000.  The money comes here to Geneseo, IL. Guess I should've said local and Croatian economy. ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• nolaegghead
    Options
    heck, for all I know, you could be Croatian.  I am, about 25%.
    Options

I'm sure there is a little bit of Croatian in me somewhere down the line.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    Proud owner of two Glocks.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Mickey said:
    All I ever wanted growing up were rubber olive green soldiers (about 3" long).  We'd make forts and bunkers and carefully place the soldiers in position.  I guess that's the boys' version of playing dolls.
    We'd get the smaller ones, build  a few armies.  Create battle fields and blow 'em up with firecrackers. 
    We'd also do that with model cars or airplanes.
    Firecrackers and lighter fluid.
    Flamethrowers were cans of mom's hairspray and a lighter.  I was a bad kid.

Aqua Net and bic was also my weapon of choice. I also disassembled 12 ga shells, dumped the powder in to newspaper for flashbombs. Don't even get me started with the 2 liter coke bottles, tin foil and muriatic acid (big BOOM) I am lucky to be alive with all my digits and hearing in tact.
    i have permanent hearing damage in my right ear (constant ringing i think its called tinnitus) from tin foil and muriatic acid, and I would do it again tomorrow if asked.  good times