Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Loin finishing help - Where's your finish line?

I haven't done a lot of boneless pork loins on the egg, but usually like to finish at 145.  In doing some research on some new marinades, I've seen recommendations from 145 to as high as 160.  I've even seen a wide range in the recipes folder here.  Thought I'd throw it out to the group...  Where's your finish line?  Thanks for the help.
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
Tampa Bay, FL
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,048
    I like mine around 135-140.

·
  • Mid 140/s
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803
    140, rest and let it cruise up to 145.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,454
    I'm a 135 type gal.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    For me, 140 for indirect cooks, and 135 for direct cooks (which tend to carryover more during the rest).

As you can see, the 160 recommendations are not often seen around here!
    Happy Loining
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    Another vote for the low 140's...
    Louisville
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 845
    Until just a year or so ago, the government recommended cooking pork to 160 to kill worms. Chefs had been cooking it to 140 for many years. The government finally came around, but the old temp is still out there. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    I've never used a thermometer with mine, always just timed it and eyeballed it. Last one I did was perfect, thoroughly cooked and fork tender. 4 hours at 250, rest for 10 minutes and it will come out beautiful.
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,070
    jlsm said:

Until just a year or so ago, the government recommended cooking pork to 160 to kill worms. Chefs had been cooking it to 140 for many years. The government finally came around, but the old temp is still out there. 

Uncle Sam, keep your hands off my Pork!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·