Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ RULES

I'm sure that a lot of you have seen these rules before but I just saw them on www.amazingribs.com and got a chuckle. There will be some here who have not seen them but really need to

The BBQ rules

This one has been going around the net for years, but it always bring a chuckle.

When a man volunteers to barbecue the following chain of events are put into motion:

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, the vegetables, and dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill with his buddies, drinks in hand.

4) The woman remains outside the compulsory 10' exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the female aura.

5) Here comes the important part: THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

6) Then the woman sets the table.

7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another drink while he flips the meat.

8) Another important activity: THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

9) The woman places it on the table and the guests dig in.

10) Everyone praises the man and thanks him profusely.

11) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed her night off, and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,280
    I hope @necessaryindulgence doesn't see this...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    That is awesome! @necessaryindulgence , I think she will get a kick out of it!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • I just forwarded this to my wife.  I think she will get a huge laugh out of it because it's mostly true!
    ·
  • jjmills said:
    I just forwarded this to my wife.  I think she will get a huge laugh out of it because it's mostly true!
    Mostly true? what part of it is not true? 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • If I was married to Kristi, I would gladly reverse the rules!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,056
    It's missing the part where the wife is barefoot and pregnant....

·
  • That's the way it should be.  Except for # 12.  The women should appreciate our skills more.  haha
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • It's missing the part where the wife is barefoot and pregnant....
    Where in the rules was "Wife" mentioned. These rules apply to all woman regardless of age or marital status unless you are GrannyX4. You just can't mess with anyone's Granny.
    I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,056
    It's missing the part where the wife is barefoot and pregnant....
    Where in the rules was "Wife" mentioned. These rules apply to all woman regardless of age or marital status unless you are GrannyX4. You just can't mess with anyone's Granny.
    I am a pretty progressive guy, I stand corrected. 

·
  • Similar topic question. What does SWMBO stand for? I've tried for months to crack the code, to no avail...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    She who must be obeyed
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Similar topic question. What does SWMBO stand for? I've tried for months to crack the code, to no avail...
    Go here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She:_A_History_of_Adventure
    Explains a lot....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,782
    My wife sometimes does #6, but I'm lucky if she ever does #11. I'm the cook regardless of the technique in my household. She's all Betty and no Crocker!
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    #1 I won't let her pick out the meat #2 I make the dessert on the Egg #3 I prepare the meat the right way Add #13 I take the pictures of the meat
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,755
    Similar topic question. What does SWMBO stand for? I've tried for months to crack the code, to no avail...
    Learnt that acronym on here as well.  Feel for the guys that have to use it and obey their "master".
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·