Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Couldn't Decide on a Seasoning... So I didn't!

The choices: Bone Sucking Sauce Seasoning & Rub AND Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk

In the end, I couldn't decide, and neither could hubby, so I did two chops with each kind.  They were smaller chops anyway - eating one of each wasn't too difficult for us. :)

I also roasted some veg in my cast iron skillet with butter and olive oil, and topped with grated asiago cheese at the end.

·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,523
    Which did you prefer? The Bone Suckin Sauce rub doesn't have much flavor to me. I like Jamaican Firewalk a lot.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Actually I really liked both, but the Jamaican was my favorite.
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,736
    Nice looking cook!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,890
    Looks damn good.  Wish I didn't live with a super taster, cauli and broc are off the menu and I love them. (sad face)

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,475
    edited December 2012
    Great looking cook, love chops and "good for you" veggies. That looks like my CI pan.....use it the same way. 
    You are a die hard isn't it like minus infinity in the Peg? 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,475
    edited December 2012
    Looks damn good.  Wish I didn't live with a super taster, cauli and broc are off the menu and I love them. (sad face)
    Given the effect on most of humanity with cali and broc, I'm not so sure it is her taste that might be "offended".
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,890
    Super tasters have something like twice the tastebuds and I'm guessing a basset hound sense of smell.  If I open a bottle of fish sauce she yellin' "is that fish sauce?!" almost immediately from across the crib.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Great looking cook, Jackie. I'm gonna mix cauliflower and brocolli together next time and do them on the Egg. What temp and time did you go with?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Hmmmm.... I think it was around 400F for... maybe half an hour?  Ya know... I didn't really keep track of the time.  It was just done when it was done. :(
    ·
  • I love Jamaican fire walk. Gonna have to get a bottle next order

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·