Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

12/21/12 - The End

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,146

For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.

Best careful. There's Canadians on this thread. Bieber is bigger than hockey up there! If it's Bieber fever here, it's bubonic Bieber plague up there. Hmmm.... No hockey right now, perhaps are friends to the north has had their time already pass?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,146

henapple said:

Wouldn't Canada go first?
    Actually we are going to miss the whole thing. Supposed to happen in daylight and we don't have none.

Awww...no sun that far north.  Sadly you'll never see it coming.  In the spirit of Tom Bodett, we'll turn the lights off for ya.  Last one to leave pays the bill.

Here on the highway to hell, there's always a room at Motel 666!
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,301
    edited December 2012
    Actually you need to plan your big meal on 12/20; you will be too busy fighting the apocalypse on the 21st.

I think I will have oysters and champagne, and spend some time with my bride. Oh, and the oysters are for me, she wants chocolate.
    :D
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 572
    For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.
    Best careful. There's Canadians on this thread. Bieber is bigger than hockey up there! If it's Bieber fever here, it's bubonic Bieber plague up there. Hmmm.... No hockey right now, perhaps are friends to the north has had their time already pass?

Like the abomination, Celine Dion, my American Egghead friends may also keep Justin Bieber.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 482
    Local News in Los Angeles
    DD.JPG 95.9K
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,013
    McStew said:
    Local News in Los Angeles
    HAHAHAHA.  Me likey.

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Nice had to steal that pic!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    double said:
    +1
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    double said:

Just posted it on FB. +1
  • henapple said:
    Actually we are going to miss the whole thing. Supposed to happen in daylight and we don't have none.
    Awww...no sun that far north.  Sadly you'll never see it coming.  In the spirit of Tom Bodett, we'll turn the lights off for ya.  Last one to leave pays the bill.
    LS is fibbing to you, right now Toronto only has about 30 minutes less daylight than you do, in summer Toronto gets about 90 minutes more daylight than New Orleans. Once worked in Tuk, North West Territories in July, there was no darkness - very spooky. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    henapple said:
    LS is fibbing to you, right now Toronto only has about 30 minutes less daylight than you do, in summer Toronto gets about 90 minutes more daylight than New Orleans. Once worked in Tuk, North West Territories in July, there was no darkness - very spooky. 
    LS is an exaggerator.  Claims to be only 3'10" tall.  He's really 3'28".

·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 900
    edited December 2012
    Not sure what will be on the Egg, but I'll have my tinfoil hat on and be listening to Jimmy Buffet singing "Apocalypso" while downing an adult beverage.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    double said:
    Stolen and posted on FB +2

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

• XLBalco said:

so does this happen based on time zones?  I am on CST (US & Canada)- what # do we draw?

Yes, each time zone will be annihilated at midnight local time.
    I'm in the Eastern so I'll let ya'll know when I see the Zombies, Reloaded last night with my Zombie Max shells
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • What time do the showers start on Friday? I have some yard work I would like to get done.
    ·
  • For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.
    Another fine CANADIAN!
    Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind... don't matter !
    ·
    What time do the showers start on Friday? I have some yard work I would like to get done.
    The showers of fire and brimstone? - those will be late evening.  Get on it early.

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,924
    this is more exciting than y2k
    ·
  • Guess I better pick up another handle of Tito's I going out in a blaze of glory!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,821
    edited December 2012
    Another fine CANADIAN!
    Bob - there are some Canadians we are very proud of, some not so much, if we could only get them to pay taxes once they become successful......John may have a point here...
    ·
  • Greeno55 said:
    Like the abomination, Celine Dion, my American Egghead friends may also keep Justin Bieber.
     I suspect Bieber may not have quite the same shelf life that Celine possesses.  I can see his final destination being Vegas though.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 938
    henapple said:
    How would we even know they were missing, what with no hockey this year and all?  ;)

I'm planning on being here, but I did tell the butcher I'd pay for my standing rib roast on 12-24 when I pick it up.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.
    Another fine CANADIAN!
    Bob - there are some Canadians we are very proud of, some not so much, if we could only get them to pay taxes once they become successful......John may have a point here...

While y'all are at it, you can keep Pam Anderson, Bryan Adams, Michael J Fox, Martin Short and Howie Mandell

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,821
    edited December 2012
    LS - the thing with Pam anderson, the best parts of her were "Made in the USA"...
    Michael J Fox is a great Canuck, as is Martin Short, Howie just a tad eccentric even for me. Most under rated Rick Moranis. 
    I'll take anything by Nelly Furtado over Celine Dion anyday, and Shania ain't too shabby and of course the current flash in the pan, Carly Ray Jepson - Call me Maybe?
    ·
  • LS - the thing with Pam anderson, the best parts of her were "Made in the USA"...

Now that was funny right there man!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • You all are such shallow people.  You idolize plastic celebrities like Pamela Anderson, Michael J. Fox, etc. but you neglect the real heros of the North like Sergeant Preston of the Yukon and his trusty dog, King.

Shame on all of you !!!

Preston.jpg 28.4K

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Dick Simmons was a yank

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Dick Simmons was a yank
    And the dog was from Alaska, before it was a state I think (the lower 48 were not sure if there was oil up there so they held off)
    ·
  • What about Dudley Dooright?  He was a great Canadian!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    I think he was a closet ball-chin-ean.  Oh, maybe not. 

·