Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

MEGA Peel Project. For unadulterated dough transportation.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    Looking good Nola. The egg center (or excuse) for most of our activities. 

LS asked about a motor - I'm really surprised you haven't some worked your gas powered leaf blower into this "thing"...
    8-}
    I know.  I showed a surprising amount of restraint, right?

I just got my hands on a serger (overlock) sewing machine - I'm going to make the belt this weekend and pull some pizza dough out of the freezer and give her a try.

• Nice, Good job, You Dat!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,527
    edited December 2012
    Wow...mighty fine work right there nola.

IM me the amount and your addy and i'll send you a check. :P
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 130
    Looks good, so now are you gonna put those drawer fronts on for Mrs. B. ?
    =))
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • you live fairly close to me, I believe, so feel free to experiment with anything that will work on med or lg bge!!!! :-*
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Look forward to the first pics of that baby doing its thing. Looks nice, but does it have the chops?

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    @Skiddymarker - I feel pretty confident it'll handle the weight of a 16" grossly overloaded pizza, but only one way to find out.... use it.  I'll try shooting a little video on how it works as a guitar and dough moving tool.

@krobertsmsn - haha yeah you right!

@Bullibe - Yeah, matter of fact, that was mentioned by Mrs B on Saturday - FINISH THE DRAWERS!  (hahah - ain't gonna happen this weekend)

@Cazzy - if I get some time, I'll make a few and bring 'em up to salado to swap for Macallan 12 yo single oak barrel sherry scotch or somethin.  Actually, I have three design changes that will make it easier to build and eliminate the epoxy step, which is labor intensive. 

@SmokinDawg82 - Thanks for DAT!

@Hapster - thanks man, actually, those are the natural wood colors.  I overclocked it to handle wider pizzas than the super peel.  Bigger is better.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 12,466
    If it's unadulterated...would my using it be adultery?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • What is that space for in the peel?
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,527

@Cazzy - if I get some time, I'll make a few and bring 'em up to salado to swap for Macallan 12 yo single oak barrel sherry scotch or somethin.  Actually, I have three design changes that will make it easier to build and eliminate the epoxy step, which is labor intensive. 

Swwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeett! I'm so down!
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
  • NOLA, I'll take one, let me know when you need the shipping address
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    TESTED!!!! WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!

Just made some extremely tasty thin-crust pizzas (some of them amoebae shaped :D ). 

Pictures on the way.

• Congrats - we all knew it would. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    I think for us to appreciate the action, we will need video.
    Worked effin' perfectly.  Didn't even need to lift the edge of the dough (I made the edge a very sharp point).

I had some frozen Tippo 00 that I thawed out a few days ago.  I usually get them rounder, but this dough was a little funky.  Crust came out GREAT.  Taste was awesome, SWMBO loved them.  Made 4 pizzas. Ate about 1.5.   Cooked around 550-650.  Raised in the dome pretty high. Nice ratio of crust to top cooking.  Rotated each 180 about half way through (back is hotter).
    IMG_7742.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7743.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7744.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7745.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7746.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 3M
    IMG_7747.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7748.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 3M
    IMG_7754.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7755.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7756.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7757.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7751.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7758.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 2M
    IMG_7760.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 3M
    IMG_7761.JPG
    3072 x 2048 - 3M

Bullibe said:
    I think for us to appreciate the action, we will need video.
    I want to do the video right...need to play it like a guitar.  Mrs B just got off a 12 hour shift at the hospital, didn't want to recruit her as the camera girl - she was hun-ger-y.

Man looks like you were going to take it hard if it had not worked perfectly. Pic #1
  • Nice crusts...the 00 flour chars up so well.
    I wish I could post taste.  They were caramelized nicely.  These were vegetarian (except for the cheese).  You don't even notice. 

edited December 2012
    Bullibe said:
    Man looks like you were going to take it hard if it had not worked perfectly. Pic #1
    That's Mrs B's.  She got her carry permit, then decided to not renew it because she never carried.  I was ready to pop a cap in the mega peel if it didn't work right.  :D

Anyway, no more stankin' parchment paper for this egghead.

• doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I might just have to find your house when we are there for Mardi Gras those pies look great!
    Lynnwood WA
    double said:
    I might just have to find your house when we are there for Mardi Gras those pies look great!
    Just PM me.  If I'm cooking something, they'll be plenty to go around.  Our neighborhood gets blocked in by parades and float traffic - gets a little dicey getting in and out, but the ferry bypasses all that if you're on foot or bikes.

My buddy went to a dinner party and the host broke out the good sh*t - he texted me this.  I hate him for that :D .  He just got back (feelin' real good) and I just hooked him up with some pizza.

blue.jpg
    864 x 1536 - 156K

(truffle oil!?  blech!)

I'm just across the river.  I just walk to the ferry and I'm in the quarter.

• doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Great someone to bail us out :-)
    Lynnwood WA
    I guess I gotta pay it forward.... :D