Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Pizza Dough?

Options
Plano_JJ
Plano_JJ Posts: 448
Dont have time to make my own dough. Can anyone recommend a good store bought dough? I have only tried the Baboli crust and it was pretty good.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options

i use dough from my grocery store in a pinch! i have publix near me not sure if you have one of them but most grocery stores will have some kind of dough they sell as pizza dough. also if you are in a real pinch i like using flour tortillas as pizza dough. or you can make a french bread pizza or my mom used to use hamburger buns just top as you would and stick in the egg or oven!!

HTH

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    If you have a local pizza place that you like they may sell you dough balls for a few dollars each.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    I've even used one of the Doughboy cardboard tube crusts and it came out good. My publix has a Pizza box in the bakery where they sell dough sauce cheese and pepperoni. I've tried that too.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    BENTE said:

i use dough from my grocery store in a pinch! i have publix near me not sure if you have one of them but most grocery stores will have some kind of dough they sell as pizza dough. also if you are in a real pinch i like using flour tortillas as pizza dough. or you can make a french bread pizza or my mom used to use hamburger buns just top as you would and stick in the egg or oven!!

HTH

Not much help on the store dough, always make our own, @Bente reminded me the grandkids like English muffins topped with whatever they like and tossed on the egg (or oven).
    The adults are into their own pizza, the kids get to make "personal" size ones using English muffins. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • chays99
    Options
    Central Market sells a good dough.  It's frozen, so its not necessarily quick.  But, with a little planning, it's quicker than anything else.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Consider buying the tipo 00 flour - it's so fine, it's ready to use within an hour or two of making it.  Only takes about 10 minutes to measure the stuff out into the KA.  I just cover the bowl and wait an hour or two.  Faster than driving to the store, not counting the waiting.
    This is the fastest way  know how to make dough.
    1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
    2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

@Plano_JJ - Tom Thumb carries their own Safeway brand, but the one by my house is kinda hit or miss. Sometimes they have a few out ready to go, sometimes they only have them back in the freezer. If you go by the deli section you can ask them where they keep it, its usually right there.

If you hvae a favorite local mom and pop pizza shop, I'd recommend stopping in and asking them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options

Sounds good, thanks for the tips. This will surely get me going.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Have you looked into the bread machine recipe on the naked whiz site? Super easy and I think my machine only takes 90 minutes. Dump the ingredients in, hit dough cycle and it will even rise inside the machine.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings