Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

12/21/12 - The End

What are you all egging for the end of the world?
Visca Barca
Mes Que Un Club

·

Comments

• Really?
    Take a pill.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,471
    edited December 2012
    We have a 2012 Alphonse Mucha calendar that ends December 31st. 

OMG!!!  END OF THE WORLD!!! OMG!!! 

Oh, wait, we have a 2013 calendar too.  Never mind. :D

·
  • Dunno yet but definitely charging it

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,205
    Really?
    Take a pill.
    A chill pill ;)

Then wait for morning.
    ·
  • Really?
    Take a pill.

someone struggles with Internet sarcasm
    Boom
    ·
  • I'm hoping the world holds off a few days. Doing my 1st ever brisket for Christmas
    Boom
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I think I may have a Mayan tossed salad with some poon jah- be tacos ! Mmmm. Man that has my mouth watering already!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,286
    edited December 2012
    According to Wiki the most common meats enjoyed by the ancient Maya included: turkey, armadillos, monkeys, tapirs and macaws. Seeing as my local Costco is all out of armadillos, monkeys, tapirs and macaws, I guess it will be turkey!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,205
    According to Wiki the most common meats enjoyed by the ancient Maya included: turkey, armadillos, monkeys, tapirs and macaws. Seeing as my local Costco is all out of armadillos, monkeys, tapirs and macaws, I guess it will be turkey!
    Good thing turkey is loaded with protein. You'll need those 33grams/serving when running from the fire and brimstone. Make sure to see the training video:

·
  • Before the leprosy scare of armadillos, my customer in Brenham used to have a big BBQ before deer season.  They would have trays of beef BBQ, chicken BBQ, pork BBQ, and armadillo BBQ.  The armadillo was always gone first.  That is the tastiest meat I have ever had.  Somewhat like pork, and very tender and juicy.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 557

so does this happen based on time zones?  I am on CST (US & Canada)- what # do we draw?

·

XLBalco said:

so does this happen based on time zones?  I am on CST (US & Canada)- what # do we draw?

Yes, each time zone will be annihilated at midnight local time.

·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 557

XLBalco said:

Yes, each time zone will be annihilated at midnight local time.

this will be quite different from watching the ball drop in Times Sq an hour before we strike midnight.  hopefully my cable doesnt go out so i can prepare accordingly.
    ·
  • jrf316jrf316 Posts: 55
    Really?
    Take a pill.
    dude it was a joke
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

·
  • jrf316jrf316 Posts: 55
    awsome responses
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,205
    Wouldn't Canada go first?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • geegee Posts: 71

Just in case for those who believe send all your gold and Guns to me \:D/

P.S. you won't get them back on the 22

Who cares I'll post where I want
    ·
  • henapple said:
    god I hope so............wait, is this thing on? How do you delete a post? crap.

·
  • henapple said:
    Yes. it 1/2 hour earlier in Newfoundland.....Then Atlantic..... then Eastern.....Then Central..... then Mountain....then God's country, er Pacific, looks like a good time for a trip to Hawaii. 

Heard that you'll be safe CenTex, even the Maya apocalypse may not want Texas....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Actually we are going to miss the whole thing. Supposed to happen in daylight and we don't have none.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 281
    Leaving Friday for Paradise Island Bahamas...hope the Mayans hold off until after 6:00 EST so I can grab a manhattan, some conch fritters, and a cuban cigar and watch it fom the beach!
    ·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 108
    henapple said:

Heard that you'll be safe CenTex, even the Maya apocalypse may not want Texas....

=)) =)) =))  Or maybe Texas is trying to secede from the apocalypse too.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Apparently if you take daylight savings into account the calendar already ended...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    henapple said:
    Actually we are going to miss the whole thing. Supposed to happen in daylight and we don't have none.
    Awww...no sun that far north.  Sadly you'll never see it coming.  In the spirit of Tom Bodett, we'll turn the lights off for ya.  Last one to leave pays the bill.

·
  • For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,190

I was researching what Mayans ate as well.  They hunted, fished, and even ate domesticated dogs.  I suggested a beagle brisket to my wife, but she said no. :))  ....so we may go with Fish Tacos instead. 

2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
    I know what the doomsayers will be eating the day after the world "ends" - crow. :D

·
  • rontho said:
    henapple said:

=)) =)) =))  Or maybe Texas is trying to secede from the apocalypse too.
    We will succeed from anything. Let's just say that there is no shortage of F250's with "SUCCEED"! stickers on the back. Although this is my favorite local sticker these days: 

·
  • psalzerpsalzer Posts: 106
    Not sure. But I'll cook enough to have leftovers for lunch on 12/22
    ·