Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sunday Night Fajita's

Couldn't come up with some thing to cook so I went with "fajita night". imageimageimageimageimageimage
image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 990.4K
image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 889.5K
image.jpg 599.8K
image.jpg 1.1M

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,682
    That looks great. Well done.
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • rholtrholt Posts: 375
    What seasoning/ marinade did you use? Is that flank steak?
  • It's flat iron steak...they were out of flank. I used pepper, garlic, fajita magic with EVOO and fresh lime juice.
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,548
    shrooms in a Fajita? hmmmm..

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Fajita Night is always a good idea!  Looks good!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Looks really good. I've never tried mushrooms with my Fajitas might have To give that a whirl next time.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    Mushrooms in a fajita? Never seen that before, but it looks good non the less. Nice job.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,867
    edited December 2012
    Mushrooms in Fajita's in om-nom-o-licious. They can add an earthy element to the dish or are fantastic in veggie Fajitas for a health-conscious meal.

EDIT: I learned this from my mom after she made some for a vegan weeknight meal.
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    That looks killer. I think I'm going to have to try my own Fajita Night very soon.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,279
    edited December 2012
    Nice looking "fajeepies". flat iron steak looks too good. We like mushrooms in ours as well, of course as Canadian what the heck do I know about fajitas. 

We usually do ours in the wok, stir fry the veggies (julienned pepper/onion) and mushroom, remove to a side plate, stir fry the thin sliced beef or chicken, add the fajita season and return the veggies to warm. 

Must try the meat and veggie separate route, looks good. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,995
    That all looks delicious!  Nicely done!