Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recent cooks - lots of pics

It has been a busy December and I've done a fair amount of cooking with no time to post. Time to share some pics. Alder planked trout in the Large Egg Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Some wings (two ways) on the XL for a b-day potluck at work Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Thin crust pepperoni & mushroom pizza on the Large Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Lamb loin chops on the Mini Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Brisket for a holiday potluck at work Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Beef ribs (for me) & MOINKs (for a b-day potluck at work) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Pizzas (4) on the Small Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Two pork butts (one for family & other for wife's potluck) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Some cedar planked salmon on the Large Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Great cooks! A lot of good eating. Love the thin crust pizza. What dough did you use"
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Thanks Tjcoley! The dough was Safeway Select Garlic & Herb pizza dough.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • I only wish I were your neighbor-LOL.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2012
    Awesome R2!  Great looking food and as always, awesome pics.  I'd eat at your crib any day!   :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    R2 great cooks, what's with with the screen over the stone. Let me know later you must be exhausted from all that cooking, take the rest of the night off :)
  • Whoa, you've been busy!  Great pics. 

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Very nice !!!  All of them !   =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Great pics, and cooks!!
  • R2Egg2Q
    I only wish I were your neighbor-LOL.

If you were I would have bought an Egg a few years earlier!
    cazzy said:
    Awesome R2!  Great looking food and as always, awesome pics.  I'd eat at your crib any day!   :)

Thanks Cazzy! You'd be welcome here!
    Ellis said:
    R2 great cooks, what's with with the screen over the stone. Let me know later you must be exhausted from all that cooking, take the rest of the night off :)

Thanks! The pizza screen is an alternative to parchment paper and it can be of help in loading & removing pizzas.

Bay Area, CA
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Holy cow you guys have a lot of potlucks to attend! :D
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    You have been busy. Love those beef ribs and that pepp and shroom pizza. Good job.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2012
    Awesome!   =D>
    And thanks for all the pics! Love it!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking cooks. Thanks for sharing. Is the pizza screen sold by that name?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • R2Egg2Q
    tyenic1 said:

Holy cow you guys have a lot of potlucks to attend! :D

Yeah, between b-days and holiday gatherings the potluck are outta control this month! Had to cook again this AM...
    tulocay said:

Great looking cooks. Thanks for sharing. Is the pizza screen sold by that name?

Yes. a google or amazon search on "pizza screen" should get you to all kinds of sizes.

Bay Area, CA
  • Holy crap - that's a ton of good cooking! Great looking meals, post more often - excellent. 
    Like the trout, alder great choice, are you in the PNW? (I can only afford red cedar, although I've been eyeing the alder in my neighbor's yard)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • R2Egg2Q
    Thanks Skiddy! I'm in CA, SF Bay (East Bay). Hmm, perhaps I could start eyeing my neighbors trees but I'm far from an arborist. :-/

Bay Area, CA