Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time ribs - results

Very pleased with the results...easily the best baby back ribs I've ever done. Cooked 250 dome for five hours. Very tender and moist. I did learn a few things. If the slab extends beyond the edge of the plate setter, the ends of the ribs cook faster. Simple solution: quality control samples for the chef! I did two slabs: one with just a dry rub, the other with a dry rub and finished on one half with a commercial BBQ sauce and on the other half with a homemade rub from AmazingRibs.com; ultimately I preferred the dry rub only, but maybe that is just the style I'm used to here in Texas.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 983.2K
·

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Good looking ribs. Thanks for sharing.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 611
    Spent the last hour on amazingribs.com. Thanks for the link. Great resource.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 106
    edited December 2012
    Looks great. Of the few cooks I've done on the egg so far, ribs have been my favorite.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    Place foil under the ribs hanging over the PS....or eat them which is always good.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·