Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A new trex eggcessory for a Saturday night filet & whiskey mushrooms-

Too many beverages the other night and a week later this showed up at my door

It is a good idea, keeping the lump away from side vents.  I gave it a test run last night

I seasoned up a couple of bacon wrapped filets with DP coffee rub, EVOO, and garlic salt

I have found that I really dont prefer bacon wrapped filet, and the bacon on these has not come out good in the past so I pitched it.  

Trex sear above the new ring @ about 575

Came out really well, served with Pendelton Whiskey mushrooms & dilled carrots.  

It will be interesting to try the fire ring a few more times and see how the venting does.  Now I need a Hi-Cue to go with it.

Thanks for looking- P
·

Comments