Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craiglist Small - need offer suggestions...

Options

Considering this is an older hinge model and the warranty...... What would you consider a fair offer???? Nothing close to $385.......

http://greenville.craigslist.org/hsh/3477891107.html

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC

Comments

• Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    There was a brand new small on Craigslist Charlotte for $400 a week or so ago. I'd look at that one instead. That is you don't mind driving a couple of hours.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• rustypotts
    Options
    Do you need the nest?  Is it in good shape?  A new one lists for $528.  The nest lists for $120.  You also have to pay tax on a new one.....$50(?).   So with no discounts that adds up to about $700.  Now you can probably deal and get it down to $600......Maybe.  Or get a plate setter thrown in if you need one. 

I bought an old Mini.....It cooks just like a new one.

If you can't get the new one for $400(don't forget gas money)  then I would think you might buy the CL egg you are looking at for $300.....Maybe.  Offer $275 after pointing out that it is the old model.  You should be able to get it for $325 at least.  It depends how bad you want it.

I would check a few dealers for their rock bottom price.  And if you don't want the nest, then that changes things a bit.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I would not go over $200 for that egg. You are going to have to replace the bottom vent $35 and if you are picky at all you will end up getting a new band for $70. That egg there is old like at least 10 years.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    There is a brand new small with nest and charcoal down here in Alpharetta Georgia on CL for $400. That's only 2 hours from Greenville. I offered the guy $300 but he said no might offer him $350 or even $400 is a good deal.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I just got a very nice med with nest for $300.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.