Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Craiglist Small - need offer suggestions...

Considering this is an older hinge model and the warranty...... What would you consider a fair offer???? Nothing close to $385.......

http://greenville.craigslist.org/hsh/3477891107.html

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732

Comments

• There was a brand new small on Craigslist Charlotte for $400 a week or so ago. I'd look at that one instead. That is you don't mind driving a couple of hours.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

Belmont, NC

• Do you need the nest?  Is it in good shape?  A new one lists for $528.  The nest lists for $120.  You also have to pay tax on a new one.....$50(?).   So with no discounts that adds up to about $700.  Now you can probably deal and get it down to $600......Maybe.  Or get a plate setter thrown in if you need one. 

I bought an old Mini.....It cooks just like a new one.

If you can't get the new one for $400(don't forget gas money)  then I would think you might buy the CL egg you are looking at for $300.....Maybe.  Offer $275 after pointing out that it is the old model.  You should be able to get it for $325 at least.  It depends how bad you want it.

I would check a few dealers for their rock bottom price.  And if you don't want the nest, then that changes things a bit.

• LitLit Posts: 2,230
    I would not go over $200 for that egg. You are going to have to replace the bottom vent $35 and if you are picky at all you will end up getting a new band for $70. That egg there is old like at least 10 years.
  • LitLit Posts: 2,230
    There is a brand new small with nest and charcoal down here in Alpharetta Georgia on CL for $400. That's only 2 hours from Greenville. I offered the guy $300 but he said no might offer him $350 or even $400 is a good deal.
  • I just got a very nice med with nest for $300.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.