Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday Night Butt

Extended family is in town to see the new kiddo (9 days old today) and so I'm showing off the Egg with a boston butt.  They have no idea how easy these are.  Like fish in a barrel....

·

Comments

• Congratulations Wally!  Knock their socks off!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Congratulations !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • It's been on for close to 6 hours now and is holding someplace between 245-250 dome temp.  The pork is stuck in the stall at 151.  Of all the overnight's I've done, I've never had one where the temp stayed so steady after going to sleep.  
    ·
  • Cooked for 17:33 and climbed right to 201.  Sitting in the cooler now while the mac & cheese finishes.  

On the Egg:

On the rack:

Ready for the cooler:

·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Good looking butt!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Awesome. Way to go Wally!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • Looks great!  Congrats on the newbie!