Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frog Legs . . .

Options
djm5x9
djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have some grilling ideas for frog legs? Nature Boy?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    djm5x9,
    I have had them a few times, but never cooked them. Ya have ta figger they gonna need quick high heat. Unless you got ya a real fatty frog! Seasonings?? Just like chicken!! Really F legs have a very mild flavor and should be seasoned lightly.[p]I guess you'll need a grill topper to prevent the lttle legs from fallin thru. Let us know what you end up doing.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]Season with Italian salad dressing. Cook 'em like a steak about two minutes a side and dwell for about one to two minutes depending on the thickness. Serve with a melted butter sauce.[p]We don't get them often, but I have mixed them up with some chicken wings and coated with serving sauce with good results as well. They take blackening seasoning very well too![p]Z [p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Zip,
    Looks like we are on a similar wavelength tonight!
    Man, your idea sounds awesome. Maybe I need to get the flashlight and me hatchet, and take a walk back to the creek! I hear them suckers right now![p]Hope all is well.
    NB

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    NB:[p]Yeah, gonna visit the store shortly for some "jerk" (OCT, you got me drooling) and thought I would pick up some Italian salad dressing too. Thanks, Zip . . . NB, I'll let you know how they come out.

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options

Axed Mr. Toad?

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    djm5x9, this isn't a BGE approach, but trust me, it's makes knock out frog legs and I've been doing them this way for years. I haven't gigged in 45 years and rely now on commercially raised frogs. Keep this receipe in mind when you want to give humpty a well deserved break, because this receipe is one where you want to keep a constant eye on things, but the reward is well worth your devoted attention. [p]Frog Legs with B and B Liqueur[p]Separate the leg joints at center with a knife. Soak in milk for two hours, drain, rub with crushed garlic and salt and pepper generously. Dust lightly with shifted flour. Saute in real butter until golden brown. Add a little water, cover, and steam until fork tender. Keep an eye on them as they can get overdone real quickly at this point. (If overcooked they are still good, but just not as good!) Then pour in some B and B Liqueur, light with a match to burn off the alcohol and steam just a little more. Real tasty food that will have you "hopping" for more. RRP
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.