Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Diet Change Help

Options
13»

Comments

• FlashkaBob
    Options
    I am not trying to criticize you, but I want to point one thing out. You are being defeatist. Every response seems to contain "I won't", "I can't", "it's too cold", "I definitely will not".  I hear this all the time. This is a choice-based proposition. You chose not to like those things, you're not allergic

I agree and so the choice is all up to you. Up to this point there have been over 60 posts to your original thread. All of them have been honest heartfelt attempts to encourage and support you and offer some healthy choices. I understand your frustrations about the life changes you are going to have to make. Before my heart attack, I was smoking a pack and a half of cigarettes a day (not on the BGE either ) I was drinking on average 6 Canadian beers per day (not that watered down stuff they pass off as beer south of the border) and eating all the crap that was bad for me but tasted great. It took the heart attack to give me an attitude adjustment as I could see how it also affected the Mrs. I don't smoke now, I still drink, but only a couple a day. I have tried to eat healthier and have lost over 30 lbs because of it. The biggest benefit is knowing that I will be around for a while longer for the Mrs. Please don't wait for your own heart attack to adjust your attitude dude. You are too important to the people that love you.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• jeroldharter
    Options
    I have not read every post here so bear with me. I am a psychiatrist and a condensed version of a complaint that I hear every day is: "I am absolutely miserable. How can I feel better without changing?" 

I don't think you can sit on the "I don't like sweet potato" cart. Find a way to like them. Experiment with different styles of cooking, different ethnic foods, different spices, etc.  Don't forget exercise as a component of diet and fitness. Just throw a dart at these posts and try one out of every ten suggestions at random. You get the idea. You might have to try ten new things that fail for every one that works for you.