Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilling Gloves

I'm looking for recommendation on which grilling gloves to buy.
·

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I have a pair of OveGloves that work very well for what I want them to do.  Taking out a hot grid, taking out a hot platesetter, etc.

I also have a pair of thick rubber gloves that I bought from texasbbqrub.com for about 12 bucks.  They are excellent for moving hot food, like ribs or a brisket around.
    ·
  • +1 on the ove gloves. Have some cheap welding gloves too, but they don't offer enough protection. Heat transfers too rapidly through them.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild. 
    The damp PNW 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Gotta love the Ove Gloves.  Only good for about 10 seconds with a hot platesetter, so you need to have a place (old gasser) ready to put it.  Perfect for everything else.  
  • These are the gloves I have and I can move anything.  I love these gloves!

ZetexPlus 200 Series - Gloves

Made from ZetexPlus fabric for extreme heat protection to 2000°F.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,468

These are the gloves I have and I can move anything.  I love these gloves!

ZetexPlus 200 Series - Gloves

Made from ZetexPlus fabric for extreme heat protection to 2000°F.

These look awesome. Cool videos of fabric testing on their site.
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 488
    I have a pair of mitts equal to those zetex from Grainger(2000*). Yes they work only if you have a pair of insulated gloves inside of them. They are 1 layer material thick so you get all the heat transfer only they won't burn.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·