Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

lump question

Just starting using Ozark Oak. Man, it sure burns hot. Anyone do a low and slow with it? Cooked some quarters and the temp got away from me. Vents barely open.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

• I use wicked good and I barely vent to keep it at 260. Not sure but Royal Oak may be a little easier to manage for low temps.
  • Have only used royal oak with good results. Last couple of bags have had some huge pieces in them. I use the big pieces in the bottom of the fire box for low and slow cooks.

Alexander City,Al
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,029
    I have used ozark oak for a couple of 220 F cooks both over 20 hours with plenty left over in my XL.  I always fill to the top of the fire ring to be sure though.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI