Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Recommend a Pizza Stone

Greetings all.

I'm a long time lurker, first time caller.  I've been enjoying my large BGE for about 14 months now and love it.  I learn something every time I use it.

A couple days ago, we cooked up some pizza and they turned out the best we've ever made.  I think in part due to the 700° temp that we cooked at.  The only problem we encountered was that the pizza stone we used broke in two.  It was a Pampered Chef stone that my wife has had for years.  Luckily, there was enough left of it to finish our last pizza but now I'm in the market for a new stone.

I ran a search but couldn't find anything suggesting one over another.  I see that BGE sells a stone but they are slim on details.  I think I want something that is thick rather than thin as I believe thermal mass helps.

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments