Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Egg moves in the nest when I open the lid? Suggestions?

It is a large egg and I have put all the internal components in.  I also retightened all the screws/bolts on the eggnest except for the ones I can't reach directly under the Egg.

Specifically, the bottom of the front Egg moves up when I open the lid.  Pretty heavy at this point (now that the lid is attached) but maybe I have to try to reset the egg in the nest? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• egretegret Posts: 4,035
    If the egg was properly seated in the nest, this shouldn't happen. There should be "hard" contact between the bottom of the base and the cross members on the nest. 
  • This has been a situation on and off in the past.  Do you have the vinyl tips on the nest?  These were designed to help grip the Egg and keep it from moving. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Yes, I have the vinyl tips on the nest. I will try and lift it and re set it in there.