Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Recommend a Pizza Stone

Greetings all.

I'm a long time lurker, first time caller.  I've been enjoying my large BGE for about 14 months now and love it.  I learn something every time I use it.

A couple days ago, we cooked up some pizza and they turned out the best we've ever made.  I think in part due to the 700° temp that we cooked at.  The only problem we encountered was that the pizza stone we used broke in two.  It was a Pampered Chef stone that my wife has had for years.  Luckily, there was enough left of it to finish our last pizza but now I'm in the market for a new stone.

I ran a search but couldn't find anything suggesting one over another.  I see that BGE sells a stone but they are slim on details.  I think I want something that is thick rather than thin as I believe thermal mass helps.

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments