Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beer Geeks: Westvleteren - very limited release for 1st time in US.

nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,019
edited December 2012 in Off Topic

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    Oh muh damn! Best beer in the world! Besides chocolate, the other reason I want to visit Belgium.
    ·
  • I forgot about that today.  I wanted to pass by Stein's in the morning to see if I could grab a 6 pack.  I would imagine it is sold out, but I think I need to call Whole Foods and Stein's to confirm...now if only I could pronounce the westvleteren.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
    ·
  • Sold out here in under 2 hrs. I wish I'd been a little more on the ball today when this story came on the radio, I would have picked some up. I'm just curious to know if it's as good as people say.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·

I forgot about that today.  I wanted to pass by Stein's in the morning to see if I could grab a 6 pack.  I would imagine it is sold out, but I think I need to call Whole Foods and Stein's to confirm...now if only I could pronounce the westvleteren.

I doubt anyone at whole paycheck speaks Flemish. Just say "that belgian beer for 85 bucks"
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,019
    I'd pay that.  Probably the only chance most of us will get to drink it.  Break it out on special occasions.  I'd probably have to threaten every manbearcave visitor's life to not drink "this" (people come by all the time and automatically grab a beer from the beer fridge).

·

I'd pay that.  Probably the only chance most of us will get to drink it.  Break it out on special occasions.  I'd probably have to threaten every manbearcave visitor's life to not drink "this" (people come by all the time and automatically grab a beer from the beer fridge).

If anyone gets it, I will offer 85 for a bottle. A lot cheaper than a plane ticket to Europe.
    ·
    @NEWB_IN_NOLA  Let me know in the unlikely chance they still have some.  I'm not that far from uptown.

·
  • It's pretty insane what this stuff is going for on eBay. Several hundred dollars a brick.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
    Weird, eBay doesn't allow beer sales.  I'd think those auctions would get shut down as soon as they catch on.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/alcohol.html

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,427
    edited December 2012
    Weird, eBay doesn't allow beer sales.  I'd think those auctions would get shut down as soon as they catch on.
    There appear to be many many auctions up. Some places sold out of this stuff in several minutes today. Crazy.

·
  • $85 for a 6 pack, holy crap, I hope it's good!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
    If you google "best beer in the world" and follow some of the links and read up on how hard this stuff has been to get, $85 seems like a bargain. 

·
  • sold out within 1/2 hour at the only shop in denver that got some. they make a couple pretty easy to find beers (#s 8 and 10 i think...12 is the rare one). id happily pay $86 a bottle, let alone a 6 pack, to try one...
    ·
  • Sold out in Toronto in apparently 4 minutes. All stores that stocked it had lines awaiting the opening.  Vouchers were handed to those who waited in line and were able to redeem.  A friend picked up a six pack.  He has offered one to me, good guy :)
    ·
  • If you google "best beer in the world" and follow some of the links and read up on how hard this stuff has been to get, $85 seems like a bargain. 

this is the first time its been sold outside the walls of the abbey, and to get some there you need a reservation that is impossible to get.
    ·
  • I don't believe it, the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) has it listed on their web site as seasonal, for less than in the USA - there's a first when it comes to beer. We can all place an order for some with Little_Steven. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Is that the 12?  says 9.5 ABV, I thought the 12 was 10.2 ABV.

·
  • westie 12 is defintiely 10.2%.
    ·
  • I'd be very surprised if the LCBO isn't sold out of this stuff.

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,063
    Grab some St Bernardus Abt 12 or Westmalle, if you miss out. Those are both great brews and, aside from the novelty of paying $85 for a six, you'll have nice drink.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·