Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - We're Back

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a devastating hard drive crash that was 10 days in repair/replacement. That's why the unaccustomed silence from here.[p]In the interim, we cooked the demo for which I'd sought advice. It was a total ball! With help from Egging friends, we did ribs and bread (made here at home and ribs re-heated on site), tri-tip, flank steak, salmon and wings. On the veggie side of life, we did Vidalia onions, portobello mushrooms, pineapple and Georgia peaches. All this was accomplished in the space of 4 hours, using a large, a small, and Eggbert the mini.[p]Adding to the fun, we met some area Eggers, lots of wannabe Eggers (after they saw how easy it is), and a couple of soontobe Eggers (who succumbed to the dealer's price reduction the day of the demo).[p]Ken & Diana

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Congratulations to you and Diana for pulling off what sounds like a wonderful Egg demonstration. There should be more of those around the country to boost sales and "spread the joy!"
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning BlueSmoke:[p]Great to hear the demo went so well (I have been meaning to email asking about it). Sorry I wasn't able to make it, maybe next time.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• BlueSmoke
    Options
    SSN686,
    We missed you too. If not next time, in Ocala and/or Atlanta...[p]There was talk about an upcoming festivity in Sebastian. Do you know anything about it?[p]Ken

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning BlueSmoke:[p]I haven't heard anything about an EggEvent in Sebastian, but if you do let me know. We are planning on coming to Atlanta![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• BlueSmoke
    Options
    SSN686,
    That'll larn me to be unfamiliar with the terrain... It looks like they were talking about the Grant Q-fest, Sept. 24, a KCBS sanctioned competition.[p]Ken

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    BlueSmoke, I'll be there this year for sure. Probably need some more stash by then too.