Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket question

Hello everyone,

I am doing brisket for Christmas day for 27 people.  Ideally, I'd like to do it in advance.  Nature Boy recommended doing just a little in advance so it only required storage in the fridge.  My questions is this; if I smoked all of my brisket on the 22nd, would it still be good reheated properly on the 25th?  Thanks!

Aaron Peck

Comments

• brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    I am by no means a brisket expert, but if it's me - I'd cook it so that it's done a few hrs before they get there and wrap it up (foil or BP) and crank down the egg to 200 degree and store or in the oven at same temp.
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    I have reheated brisket before.  Not quite as good as freshly pulled, but still very doable.  And, consider this - do it on the 22nd, and if something goes wrong, you have back up time. 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • I will go with some of the other commentors above... Best results will be done before they show up...the meat will not be as fresh and moist if done before.... 

I have done enough to know that the meat can "rest" for up to 5-6 hours in a cooler and have a good brisket.  

Worst case do a puller pork/pork butt.... similar but less time to cook... just a thought.

BGE Large... Go get 'em! "Cant means you haven't tried."

Tulsa, OK

• Short answer is no.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Thanks guys.  Looks like I'll pull an all nighter on Christmas Eve!
  • I know it's too late but I've had great luck w slicing brisket and then vacuum sealing w some au jus inside. Then place vacuum bags in hot water (simmering) for an hour or 2 until it reaches safe temp. Time may vary. The brisket stays nice and moist w this method.