Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Birthday Deep Dish Pizza

I've been reading all of these deep dish threads, so I thought I'd give it a try for my birthday dinner. I made 2 pies. The uncooked pie is the first pie. It turned out great, but I learned a valuable lesson. When you take it put of the pan with a spatula, don't look under it while balancing it on the spatula. The result = an upside-down pie on the counter. She was a beauty too. (we still ate it).

The second pie hasn't even been cut into. These things are filling! The crust turned out better on the second one. The first one was done with the PS legs up with the grate on top. The crust got a little dark on the bottom. For the second pie, I put my half moon grid on top of my grate. The result was a perfect crust.
Mark Annville, PA
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,424
    Lookin good & happy birthday.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,413
    Looks great!
    ·
  • Happy Birthday, Looks good. I'd have eaten it off the counter too!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,954
    Looks great boss! Sorry to hear about your pie flipping...good thing it was on the counter though.

Happy birthday bro!
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • It still tasted good and we had a good laugh.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,954

It still tasted good and we had a good laugh.

So did I! Haha
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Happy birthday!. Nice looking pies. Looks like from that 4th picture that you got a good "Cheese Gasket" on the side of it.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    3 second rule, well, rules!

·
  • I cooked them at 600. I think I'll back it down to 550 the next time. I think the top won't brown up as much that way.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·