Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cleaning inside egg

A while back I read a forum about cleaning inside egg is it just a high temp burn if so how hot and for how long thanks

Comments

• Load it up with charcoal.  Open up the vents and let it rip.  
  • If you do pizzas and steaks, no need to do a "clean burn".  I've never done one for the purpose of cleaning and mine looks fine.  Just throwing it out there...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• If you do a clean burn, be prepared to replace your gasket.  They're a common casualty of clean burns.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• jscarfojscarfo Posts: 405
    Yea I do high temp cooks but I saw one on the forum that looked brand new mine is pretty caked ill probably just leave it alone