Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wicked good or royal oak

2»

Comments

• Strictly Wicked Good.  I''ve used everything and nothing has impressed me more then WG.It lasts so damn long it ends up more cost effective then Royal Oak.  I don't have an ACE in Virginia Beach, so I order three bags at a time directly from Wicked Good in Maine for about $70.     

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • I've been very happy with the WG.  Seems to last forever.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    xraypat23 said:
    wicked good, hands down. Wait for 20% off ace coupons!
    Where do you get the 20% off coupons?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • A month or so age Lousubcap mentioned Kroger lump. It is made by RO also. I have been using it and it is just fine.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,775
    15% off at Ace today only.  Go to their website.  They'll ship the lump to your store free.

·
  • if you're a member of ACE rewards and shop regularly you get $5 and 20% off coupons almost monthly.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,775
    Good to know - thanks.  I'll have to sign up.

·
  • Personally, I feel that RO quality has declined in the last 18 months.  More often than not the bags I purchased had more than 50% small pieces and a lot of dust.  There are also pieces of non carbonized wood in the mix in most bags.  WalMart has a good price at $6.47, but I don't buy it any longer.  I call my local ACE and order WG for pick up at their location with no shipping fees. $19,99 for 22 pound bag.  It is a good deal and the performance has been far better and the lump lasts much longer.  I'll give it a 10!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·