Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So pumped !! Off to shop for my first Egg.

Options
Nuke1855
Nuke1855 Posts: 281
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am an avid griller / smoker and have been watching the BGE for years ! I am finally pulling the trigger. I have a small family. ( 4 total ) Mother in Law isnt a fan of BBQ. SO really three.

I am torn between the large and XL egg. I was told that the large is WAY big enough for my family. SO I will be getting that.

I truly look forward to being a part of this family and learning from ALL of you.

Regards and Blessings !

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You'll love it....after eating your cooking off the egg I'll bet you mil will like bbq.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Congratulations! Welcome home!
    Flint, Michigan
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    You will love the food from either size.  I normally cook for 2 and love my XLs.  The extra grill area allows direct, indirect, and raised grid all at the same time. Not too many people have posted that they wished they would have bought a large over the XL.  Either way, you will probablly own 2 sometime in the not so distant future.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Stargaze
    Options

You won't be sorry.  I've had mine for 2 months and I've used it to make everything but icecream. 

My opinion:

Get the platesetter!

Pass on the ash tool, use a shopvac if you have one to get the ashes.

Don't buy Green egg coal, my understanding is that it's Royal Oak coal in a different bag and a higher price.

If you buy online you won't get the warranty, stick with a local dealer.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Nuke1855, welcome - interesting to hear what you think as you adapt your previous smoker/griller experience to the egg. Share your opinions and cooks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!