Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime rib sammies with thyme au jus

I was requested to bring a prime rib for Christmas lunch for samiches and found this recipe from food network. We tried it tonight and oh my goodness was it tasty! I made it as per recipe and my only thought was that at 135* it was cooked too much. Other than that it was an great meal that was easy to prepare. I served the meat on a wheat ciabatta loaf and the textures and flavors had a nice balance. We accompanied our sandwiches with a garden salad. Try it! It's easy and very flavorful.
·

Comments

• Very nice sammies and I an sure there were not any leftovers.  Thanks for posting the link.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Those look great, thanks for posting. I'm thinking some Horseradish cream sauce would be excellent!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    I actually saved enough for two more sandwiches so I could see how it was reheated... I'm not sure I want to be egging while the kids are doing presents xmass morning. We shall see.
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Wow... there seems to be a prime rib epidemic here this weekend... seems I'm late to the party.  :D
    ·
  • damn Brownie. That looks awesome. Like Guy Fieri in a green shirt awesome.....and that is awesome. Full throttle!

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Now that's the way to elevate the sandwich to a whole new level. Very well done.