Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JERKY BABY!!

Options
Omg did very first bach of jerky today and turned out FANTASTIC!! Soaked overnight with a mixture of wisthishire and 1 drop of satans blood!! Just the right amount of spice and tenderness!! I only had cherry wood around the house so threw bunch in. Used cyber Q with probe attanched to top grade with temp set to 175. Smoked for approx 4 hours. I had planned on 5 but never done so checked at 4 hrs. Perfect to my liking!! Not to soft and yet not to dry. I used top round of recommendation of forum member.
Below is a pic of the meat layered out. I have more to do but we are having Skillet pizza tonight on egg so about to crank heat up. Oh side note----my wife does not even like jerky and she has eaten 4 pieces :-)

Comments

• jjmills
    jjmills Posts: 117
    Options
    Not that I don't trust you on the jerky being fantastic but could you send me some so I can confirm your claim.  Looks good
     LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI
  • ttexxan
    ttexxan Posts: 51
    edited December 2012
    Options
    One of the easiest things I have done on the egg...Clean up was more difficult than the cook.  Next time thinking about mounting my Tree from BBQ Guru to attach Cyber Q to