Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help: Christmas Shopping for Me

I'm buying myself a Christmas present, but I need some help.  I want one of those two tiered swing racks for my LBGE, but I don't see it on Ceramic Grill Store.  Is it called something else?  Am I in the wrong place?
H E L P ~ thanks! :D
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
·

Comments

• that is ceramic grill works...www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
    edited December 2012
    Well no wonder... I was on the wrong site!  Thank you!
    :\"> :\"> :\"> :\">
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,711
    Great gift -self directed or otherwise-different than the adjustable rig from CGS-I have been using the CGW swing rack for around a year and a half-You have an exceptional level of cooking experience that I trust will be enhanced by using the swing rack.  Looking forward to new and better ways to employ that rig based on your expertise.  No pressure :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Oh, I want one. It us the number one thing on my Christmas list. #2 is a thermapen. I have the money for the thermapen, but I'm holding off until after Christmas, just in case.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Found it! 
    :-bd
    I ordered one for me and one for my big brother.  He's a new Egghead.
    ·
  • I have two Cast Iron half moon griddles selling both for $60 OBO and only used once.  They are the BGE ones.  Flat side and side with ridges
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292

Found it! 

Wow one for your brother! Wicked nice of you. You can adopt me if you need more sibling eggheads :D
    ·
  • That's great!  My big brother would like to give me a flaming bag of dog crap!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    That's great!  My big brother would like to give me a flaming bag of dog crap!

My brother punched me once and then gave me a bottle of Oban, Best Christmas present ever.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,169
    edited December 2012
    Found it! 

+1

Nice gift to yourself, do you have a sister that needs to marry?

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,135
    I've had the CGW Two Tier system for a month or so no and love it.  I also use the bottom grate alone almost all the time for other cooks and rarely use my SS grate anymore.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • BakerManBakerMan Posts: 154

I have been using the CGQ swing rack for a year now and I love it.  I only use the original cooking grill unless when I'm doing low and slow with a drip pan.  The gaps on edges make it easier to add wood for smoking.

One word of warning. Make sure you don't leave it in the grill during a high-heat (e.g. pizza cook - searing is OK).  I accidentally left mine under the platesetter (legs down) once when I set grill up for a pizza cook and it warped from the intense heat.  It took me forever to get it flat.  I finally had to lay it on my concrete shed floor and work on it with a BFH to get it flat again.

Has anyone found a way to get the vertical post clean so you can adjust the height again?  I'm afraid to try a high heat burn off after warping it.

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,711

Has anyone found a way to get the vertical post clean so you can adjust the height again?  I'm afraid to try a high heat burn off after warping it.

I spray it with cooking oil about every other cook and it stays clean enough to move up and down with little effort.  If you have quite a deposit of gunk on it you may try a very fine sand paper to get back to the base metal.  Give CGW a call-I'm sure Franco would be glad to offer the suggested process.

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·