Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Army - Navy Game OT

Options

My Dad was in the Army.  They are the under dogs by far, but I'm rooting for the Black Knights!  Go Army!  Beat Navy!

God bless our armed forces no matter the branch!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    My dad was in the Navy. I like their helmets. Go Navy!
    The 2 kids who grew up next door are both at West Point. Go Army!

God bless our armed forces no matter the branch!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I love this picture Hap!
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Go Navy-but props to all who serve.  Great pic Hap!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Hap, did you stumble onto this or was this someone you knew? Great picture!

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Geaux Marines!
    Vietnam Memorial.  Washington D.C.  This was overwhelming to me.  A couple of friends are inscribed there.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Go Army!  Beat Navy!  Hoooah.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Vietnam Memorial.  Washington D.C.  This was overwhelming to me.  A couple of friends are inscribed there.  
    I went to see it and look for a couple of names but became so overwhelmed I just stood and cried and had to walk awy
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I went to see it and look for a couple of names but became so overwhelmed I just stood and cried and had to walk awy
    Yes.  To hear the number, 58,000 is one thing and it seems quite sterile.  To see 58,000 names of kids in their prime that died is too much to bear without crying your eyes out.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options

Hopefully for those who have yet to visit DC-when you get to the Vietnam Memorial and deal with that, then make your way to the World War II Memorial. Talk to those who served and are there for the first time (didn't take too long to get that built...).  Gives you a whole new perspective on humility and doing the right thing.   

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Every American should see Arlington, the Vietnam, WW 2 and the other memorials....but also Washington as a whole. It reminds you of where we've been and who we are. If the "changing of the guard" doesn't make you thankful.....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    All that has been said about the memorials and services is  absolutely inspiring.  I went to college with Roger Staubach and saw him win the Heisman  GO NAVY-- BEAT ARMY!!
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    henapple said:
    If the "changing of the guard" doesn't make you thankful.....
    There is an occasional poster on this forum who calls himself "the old guard", which, in tradition, is reserved for the U.S. Army 3rd Infantry Regiment, which guards the Tomb Of The Unknowns".  He is referring to his membership in the other forum.  My uncle was a guard for the 3rd Regiment.  Until the day he died, he never said a curse word or drank a sip of liquor.  I think he retained his 30" waist also.

To trivialize that wonderful unit and the men that belong to it by calling yourself "the Old Guard" because you belong to a social cooking forum is very hurtful to me.

Sorry for the rant.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Sorry you feel hurt by someone without your depth of knowledge about Arlington, saying that he is degrading the term "The Old Guard".
    I have 2 roommates from college and several classmates on the Vietnam Memorial wall and an ex father-in-law 38 years active duty marine general buried in Arlington.
    This is a food forum, lighten up!!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thank you, "Old Guard".

Gary Willson (US54509722)
    U.S. Army, Sp/5 (ret)
    1966-1968.

(Artillery hearing disability)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My Dad was a canon cocker. His hearing has always sucked.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited December 2012
    Options

Am deployed and serving NOW!

Its OK, I would like for all of you to think its an "Army of One" !!

Please support and cherish the one and their families you know who are away and serving. It is not a pissing match.

I am taking care of the AW2s medically. Its not fun.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    OK, this turned serious.  I went to the National Memorial of the Pacific.  This is a beautiful place in Oahu, which was a sacred location for Hawaiians.  After Pearl Harbor there were so many dead that they had to find a quick place for burials.  The Punch Bowl became the place.  I walked through the memorial listings, by myself, and suddenly realized I had a hat on.  Not appropriate here.  I took it off and went bare headed through the rest of my tour.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys