Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday's Lunch

I thought I should try something different for lunch today so since the family loves sea food here it is...

A 4 pd calamari stuffed with basmati fried with the tentacles, some cherry tomatoes,cheese and cured pork tender loin. Cooked direct at 400 for 20 minutes and glazed with a mustard-EVOO-lemon juice and lemon zest mix.

Fantastic!
photo.JPG 122.7K

Comments

• makismakis Posts: 81
    From a local fisherman....Very juicy and tender and I will try it again wenever I can find these beasts...

The secret I think was hot grate and very little cooking.
  • makismakis Posts: 81
    Digesting it as I type this.....Next time!