Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Chop Suggestions

I have 4 boneless chops about one inch thick and am looking for a simple way to cook these on the Egg.  I have never done chops on the Egg.  Thanks.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
·

Comments

• Raised grid, direct, 400.  I like Traeger Sweet Rub on them, but you're unlikely to pick that up in  time.  Allegro Hot & Spicy can be found in stores, and it is a great marinade.  If you want to go minimal, EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

We're having loin chops tomorrow.  I buy cheaper than all get out big pork loins, and cut them into chops.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Don't overcook them. Pull them at 145 degrees IT.
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    Here's some with my espresso rub.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,930
    pretty grill marks

·
  • I know I'm starting to sound like I'm on commission for the "reverse sear" - but it works great for pork chops. Slow cook to 120 internal pull and sear to 145 internal. Nice flavor as the smoke gets a chance to hit the chop. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,930
    Well, it just makes so much sense.  I'm sous vide-ing everything since I got that unit, been doing a lot of reverse searing lately. 

·
  • Cook as suggested above, then a few minutes before pulling them off, put pepper jelly on top for a glaze.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174

These have become a standard for us! I take them and cut a slit on the opposite side of the fat band. Inside I place a dill sliced pickle wrapped in a nice slice of white cheese - pepperjack works great.

stuff this inside and coat with a nice rub of your choice. My wife loves them!

·
  • Jscott said:

These have become a standard for us! I take them and cut a slit on the opposite side of the fat band. Inside I place a dill sliced pickle wrapped in a nice slice of white cheese - pepperjack works great.

"Juicy Lucy" pork chops - great idea, must give that a try. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Jscott said:

"Juicy Lucy" pork chops - great idea, must give that a try. 
    How do you keep them closed?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • Cook as suggested above, then a few minutes before pulling them off, put pepper jelly on top for a glaze.

Never would have thought of pepper jelly.  Thanks for the idea.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • Dizzy Pig Raging River is super on pork chops. Just sprinkle on and grill away.
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 262
    Raised grid, direct, 400.  I like Traeger Sweet Rub on them, but you're unlikely to pick that up in  time.  Allegro Hot & Spicy can be found in stores, and it is a great marinade.  If you want to go minimal, EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

We're having loin chops tomorrow.  I buy cheaper than all get out big pork loins, and cut them into chops.

·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 262
    about how long at 400?
    ·