Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 4,486
    edited December 2012
    Underwhelming. Was hoping he'd touchbase on how "he" cooks his brisket and not just cover optional cooking approaches. He was much more specific with the seasoning.

I guess I don't blame him for not giving out his technique. ;)

Also, thanks for the update, the email notifications are always late!

I doubt Cen learned anything from this video.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 8,893
    I watched all of them so far.  The packer trimming and rub video was informative. 

Ok, so he cooks between the 225 and 275 camps at 250.

He lets the meat sit out to "warm up" for an hour.  I bet it's still pretty cold inside after that hour.

Didn't he use Worcestershire sauce or something?

• horrible. he cooks at 300 and wraps them all at the shop........I want my money back. Any one of us could have told you any of that BS. fizzle

edited December 2012

horrible. he cooks at 300 and wraps them all at the shop........I want my money back. Any one of us could have told you any of that BS. fizzle

It was very much put together for the new BBQ guy. :(

It's great info to have out there but he didn't share any secrets.

I watched all of them so far.  The packer trimming and rub video was informative. 

Ok, so he cooks between the 225 and 275 camps at 250.

He lets the meat sit out to "warm up" for an hour.  I bet it's still pretty cold inside after that hour.

Didn't he use Worcestershire sauce or something?

The first one was the best and it's been a okay at best but "the cook" was what I was waiting for.

Yeah, the rumor is he spritzes with Worcestershire/water mixture before he wraps with butcher paper. He apparently wraps it to protect the meat from getting over smoked.

I guess we'll never really know.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 8,893
    Yeah, he was dissin' the wrap.  Maybe he doesn't consider that "cooking" - doesn't he move the wrapped stuff into the cool part of the smoker?