Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Chuck Short Ribs

JRayCJRayC Posts: 4
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
So,  I have settled on a plan... hope it's a good one.

I'm cooking indirect with the platesetter legs up at 250 - 275 for 3 hrs bone side down. Will place in foil covered pan for 1.5 hours more. Sauce & rest for a few.

Sauce that I marinated with: yellow mustard, worcestershire, some pickle juice, fresh ground pepper, some beer, & a scoop and a half of Chipoltle Simple Salsa seasoning.

Sauce that I basted with on the hour for the first 2 hours (then poured in the bottom of the foiled pan): the leftovers from above with some ketchup & cherry juice - placed in a pan & brought it up to temp then set in the BGE.

Will probably make the finished glaze/sauce with a reduction from the pan  that I'll sweeten up a bit because this sauce is SPICY!

Potatos & Beans for sides... would have loved to added baby carrots to the pan!
·

Comments

• njlnjl Posts: 811
    I keep seeing these in the store and wonder if I can make a meal of them.  How'd this turn out?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,256
    JRayC hasn't posted since June - you might want to PM him.

·