Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime Rib??

Need help, I have a 4lb Prime Rib, what do I do??  Would like Mediam Rare. 

·

Comments

• 350 indirect until your reach about ten degrees below your desired internal temp, pull and let rest for about 20 minutes.  The carry over cooking should add about 10 degrees.  Slice and serve.  Medium rare is probably about 140 degrees.  Good luck!
    Edina, MN

·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,778
    Here is the way I like to do them, with or without the bones they are great.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=897781&catid=1
    ·
  • Here is a post that I put together two years ago:

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/12/fire-roasted-beef-rib-roast-20-tips.html

My preference is to reverse sear rib roasts.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,807
    I cook those 225 - 250 indirect until 120F, then do a sear - shoot for a final temp after the rise of 130.  Salt and pepper rub, no smoke. 

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,898
    edited December 2012
    I'm in the low&slow camp-around 250 on the dome, indirect for about 20-25 mins/# til the finish temp.  Just rub with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and some rosemary.  Turns out great every time-and the required supervision is nil-the necessary escape supervision-to the max :)
    Louisville
    ·