Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

2 Hams at same time

For christmas I will be double smoking a Cured Ham that has already been cooked and smoked by the processor. Both hams are 9 lbs.  My question is would I estimate the required time to reach 140 degrees be for a 9 lbs ham or for an 18lbs ham (total weight)?  Also, what Temp. would be recommended?
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,353
    Two 9 pounders should not take any longer than one. It can be treated as a nine pound ham.   At 250 degrees, figure 25 - 30 minutes / pound to get to 140 IT.  At 325 degrees, figure 15 - 20 minutes per pound.  
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,002
    edited December 2012

They may take a little longer but you won't be able to tell the difference between cooking one ham or two. To may variables. When ever I cook a large chunk of meat I always allow a little extra time. Every so often you can have problems stabilizing the egg or Murphys law kicks in. It is easier to wrap and rest then rush a cook.

As far as cook temp, 325 dome would be good.

·
  • Hey thanks for the Info
    ·