Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2 Hams at same time

For christmas I will be double smoking a Cured Ham that has already been cooked and smoked by the processor. Both hams are 9 lbs.  My question is would I estimate the required time to reach 140 degrees be for a 9 lbs ham or for an 18lbs ham (total weight)?  Also, what Temp. would be recommended?
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Two 9 pounders should not take any longer than one. It can be treated as a nine pound ham.   At 250 degrees, figure 25 - 30 minutes / pound to get to 140 IT.  At 325 degrees, figure 15 - 20 minutes per pound.  
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,169
    edited December 2012

They may take a little longer but you won't be able to tell the difference between cooking one ham or two. To may variables. When ever I cook a large chunk of meat I always allow a little extra time. Every so often you can have problems stabilizing the egg or Murphys law kicks in. It is easier to wrap and rest then rush a cook.

As far as cook temp, 325 dome would be good.

·
  • Hey thanks for the Info
    ·