Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How to cook pancacks and bacon on egg?

Got the grill inserts for flat area on egg. Wondering about heating and then recoup when having to open lid. Any advice
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i would do i at 350ish. i have cooked breakfast for dinner before it was pretty good. i cant find the photos but i called it brinner here ie the original post  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/520939/x/p1

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I agree with Terry. A good temp is 350. And yes opening the BGE to flip pancakes or turn bacon will cause the temp to drop but it will come back up quickly. Also, I use a CI Skillet to cook most of my breakfast foods...direct or indirect works... 
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,519
    edited December 2012
    I cook bacon in CI skillet. I have a SS plate thats a pleasure to cook pancakes on. I bought that at Sur La Table.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Never eaten a pancack before do they taste nutty?
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

Stoater,

They will taste nutty if you put nuts in them....and no they don't taste smokey either...I cooked lemon blueberry pancakes at the 2011 Eggtoberfest...they were deeelicious...

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,849
    I think Stoater just has a warped sense of humor... ;)  (pan"cack")

·
    Sorry I couldn't help it.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    Stoater said:
    I laughed harder at Vidalia1's response. I couldn't tell if it was an "over the head" response or a humorous retort(if you put nuts into them).

Oh Dear
    ·
    I instantly thought of "Fat Bastard" (played by Mike Meyers).  That's not a scene I wanted to think of, I can't help how my twisted brain works. :D

·
    File:Fat bastard.jpeg

How you doin'
    ·
  • Hey Fat Bastard! I love your wine!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    edited December 2012
    Hey Fat Bastard! I love your wine!
    Great French wine for a good price to boot.

Although, it was developed through a British-French partnership....and he is from Great Britain...

His man-boob sweat must add a little "Je ne sais quoi" when he's stomping the grapes.
    ·
    At the end of this - "it's a bit nutty".

·
  • File:Fat bastard.jpeg

How you doin'
    Is that NOLA?

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    No, that's a member of Bama's offensive line. :D

·
  • ttexxanttexxan Posts: 51
    edited December 2012

You can thank my dam texting with a trigger thumb for the miss spelling

:-bd
    ·
  • File:Fat bastard.jpeg

How you doin'

oy vey!!!!

Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • back on topic

·
  • Hey Fat Bastard! I love your wine!

Although, it was developed through a British-French partnership....and he is from Great Britain...

His man-boob sweat must add a little "Je ne sais quoi" when he's stomping the grapes.

Freddie

Fat Bastard is 100% Canuck

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Is that an Ostrich egg on that Egg?

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • I believe it's a Pterodactyl egg
    ·
  • extra large on the mini
    ·
    Hey Fat Bastard! I love your wine!

Freddie

Fat Bastard is 100% Canuck

au contraire s'il vous plait

Fat Bastard, the character, was Scottish. His creator, Mike Myers, is in fact 100% Canuck. Which, at one point was part of the British Commonwealth, no The Commonwealth of Nations(as was the US, we just didn't go quite as peacefully as Canada)

May the sun never set on any of us.
    ·
  • Stoater said:
    K good, I am not the only one that got a good laugh out of that.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • Pssst, Fat Bastard is Mike Myers

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Yeah baby!
    ·
    edited December 2012
    Pssst, Fat Bastard is Mike Myers
    And Dr. Evil.... and Austin Powers... and Goldmember.

But since this is based off of a perceived  double entendre...

·