Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Hams at same time

Options
For christmas I will be double smoking a Cured Ham that has already been cooked and smoked by the processor. Both hams are 9 lbs.  My question is would I estimate the required time to reach 140 degrees be for a 9 lbs ham or for an 18lbs ham (total weight)?  Also, what Temp. would be recommended?

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Two 9 pounders should not take any longer than one. It can be treated as a nine pound ham.   At 250 degrees, figure 25 - 30 minutes / pound to get to 140 IT.  At 325 degrees, figure 15 - 20 minutes per pound.  
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited December 2012
    Options

They may take a little longer but you won't be able to tell the difference between cooking one ham or two. To may variables. When ever I cook a large chunk of meat I always allow a little extra time. Every so often you can have problems stabilizing the egg or Murphys law kicks in. It is easier to wrap and rest then rush a cook.

As far as cook temp, 325 dome would be good.

• davedc
    Options
    Hey thanks for the Info