Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Leftover scrap from my egg table.

After making my table for my LBGE, I was left with a big round honkin piece of cedar. Being as cheap as I am, I had to figure out what I should do with it other than cut it into planks for doing a salmon. This is what I came up with. 
Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind... don't matter !
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Nice job...my HS alma mater is Reno (NV)...we are the Huskies....you did the Husky proud...
    ·
  • vidalia1 said:Nice job...my HS alma mater is Reno (NV)...we are the Huskies....you did the Husky proud...
    Thanks Vidalia1
    Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind... don't matter !
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,470
    Do you have a vinyl cutting machine?

·
  • Actually folks, I can't take credit for the wolf / husky. It is made of steel and was laser cut. I had bought it from a shop months before I ever decided to buy a BGE. All I did was mount it on the 21" hole that I cut from the table. I thought it looked pretty good and wanted to share it here. Sorry if I misled you.
    ·
  • Wolf on a cedar plank with pine trees...how Canadian of you. :D Looks really good!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Steve - is it true the 3 wolf moon shirt was designed by a Canadian?

·
  • I'm pretty sure Jack London was an American

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    And 3 Wolf Blitzer is American too.

·
  • And here's me thinking he was Teutonian

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited December 2012
    Well, he was born in Germany.  My brother's GF worked for him for years in at CNN.

·
  • I was just going by the cranial shape. And the brown shirt and yellow tie

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited December 2012
    Didn't know you were into phrenology and forensic fashion anthropology.  You're some kind of renaissance man.

·
  • And I can cook good too

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I cook pretty one day...one day...

I just realized we totally jacked this mother.  Sorry FlashkaBob!

·
  • "Sometimes we go away, sometimes we don't come back." B Connolly. Sure Bob or Rabbie can appreciate that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Well, he was born in Germany.  My brother's GF worked for him for years in at CNN.
    Nola

Jack London was born in San Francisco on Jan.12, 1876 Died Nov. 22, 1916

#1. I'm pretty sure CNN did not exist at that time and 
    #2. Jack died 94 years ago. Exactly how old is your brothers girlfriend?????
    ·
    Well, he was born in Germany.  My brother's GF worked for him for years in at CNN.
    Nola

Jack London was born in San Francisco on Jan.12, 1876 Died Nov. 22, 1916

#1. I'm pretty sure CNN did not exist at that time and 
    #2. Jack died 94 years ago. Exactly how old is your brothers girlfriend?????
    Sorry Flashkbob - I was referring to Zev Barak AKA Wolf Blitzer

·
    I made two tables - I've been trying to figure out what to do with those round pieces of wood too.  I already have enough clocks around the house....

·
  • No problem so how old is your brothers girlfriend?
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,881
    Bob, I love that!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    I think around 40-ish.  She worked for Wolf for years in Atlanta.  She was the person in the control room that put all the captions on the screen.  She's working in Austin now.

·
  • Does your brother know that you are sharing her stats with all your smoke swallowing buddies? Does she know? And most of all does she mind?
    ·
  • Sounds like my kinda girl eh Bob?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Boy have we ever got off the topic but you guys started it. All I was trying to do was show what I did with the scrap from my table build. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,205
    Hijacked...big time.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    I hardly think 40-ish, works in Austin and used to work for the Blitzer is divulgent.  She also has a peg leg and wears an eye-patch. (there - HIPAA violations).  ;)

·
  • Sounds like my kinda girl eh Bob?
    Do we know what the shipping charges would be? Does she come with eggcesories? What about customs? Duty free?
    ·
  • Bob,

They seem to think we don't have a sense of humour eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Steve - I know you have a warped sense of humor, I wasn't sure about bob, until now.  It's probably a side effect from the metric system.

·
  • And living in 22 hours of darkness half the time

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·