Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How much did you pay for your Big Green Egg ?

Comments

• I bought it in Atlanta over Thanksgiving while visiting the wife's family.  The place was Atlanta Stone Works.  I called the dealers here in New Orleans to see if they could match and they said no way, so I got it in Atlanta and hauled it back to save the $100.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,679
    Yeah, I got a quote for $539 for a small locally.  Ridiculous.

·
  • I need to get a nest & mates for the large because I do not want to invest in a table yet as we live in the warehouse district and so I have to keep the egg at my parents home until we buy a house.

Unfortunately I didn't have room left in the car to purchase them in Atlanta over Thanksgiving and bring them back.  Locally no one is willing to come off MSRP much at all.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
    ·
    No wonder there aren't that many eggheads around here.

·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 580
    Stoater said:
    We get ripped off in canada,  this is what I got quoted in CAD for an xlarge:

X Large Big Green Egg $1500
    X Large Plate Setter $120
    Ash Tool $20
    Grill Gripper $17
    Bag of bye charcoal $30
    Box of fire starters $8
    Assembly & Delivery $150

Total $1695

Any other canadians bought a bge xl?
    Don't forget to add 13% tax = $1915

Large BGE

·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 152
    Has anyone noticed the wide variant of pricing of these units or care why that is!  
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • makismakis Posts: 80
    XL Egg with PS and shipping to Greece 2000Euro or $2600.

No you have to love Canada....
    ·
  • Marietta GA - Casual Image - $1,100.00
    - Large BGE
    -Nest  and wood side shelves
    -Ash Tool
    -Grill Gripper
    -Platesetter
    -Firestarters
    -Bag of BGE Lump
    -Assembly and delivery to the house

Since then another load of money on Classes, Pizza Stone, CIDO, tons of Lump
    About to pull the trigger on a SST Table

Hell, you can't take it with you!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    @NEWB_IN_NOLA

Hey, Zuppardos on Veteran has $2.99/lb NY Strip - you have to buy a whole primal.  Last time they had this deal we bought one.  Hurry up, though, they only have 300 of them, well, 299.

http://zuppardos.gourmetfoodmall.com/

Also got some nice short ribs, look pretty lean, for a good price.
    ny.jpg 213.8K
    ny2.jpg 273K
    ny3.jpg 304.2K

·
  • After taxes, $1600, with nest, cedar side tables, plate setter, ash tool, bag o' lump.

Did I win?

Went through three bags of lump first month. Love it!

New Brunswick, Canada

·
    BigWings said:
    After taxes, $1600, with nest, cedar side tables, plate setter, ash tool, bag o' lump. Did I win? Went through three bags of lump first month. Love it!
    I think the guy in Greece won - $2600 for an XL delivered.

·
  • There was a Dutch guy who posted a pic a while back. Large 2600 + euro

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

• BigWings said:

After taxes, $1600, with nest, cedar side tables, plate setter, ash tool, bag o' lump.

Did I win?

Went through three bags of lump first month. Love it!

I think the guy in Greece won - $2600 for an XL delivered.

I guess rural Canada isn't getting gouged the worst after all.

Regardless, whatever buyer's remorse I might have had got subdued by the spatchcock, then kicked in the head by the turtle eggs.

New Brunswick, Canada

·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    $699 naked and not assembled. By the time I walked out of the store, I was at $990. Then spent $300 on a table. Love it!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • We have purchased a large, small and 2 minis (one a wedding gift) and still have not exceeded what we were going to pay for a custom offset smoker.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 159
    edited December 2012
    $710 for the delivered and assembled Large BGE only. Not sure what I paid for the accessories, built my own table.
    ·
  • $800 for LBGE with plate setter.
    ·
  • makismakis Posts: 80
    I had it air freight to Greece, thats why transportation killed me.
    Sea freight was much cheaper but it would have taken at least 7 weeks and all summer would have been lost.

Well...you win some and then you loose some!
    ·
  • I forgot.  It was so long ago that I think I paid for it in Spanish Doubloons.  :ar!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • I wish my buddy in Prague would chime in with the cost of his LBGE.  He lurks, but doesn't post.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I just got a quote of $510 incl tax and a plate setter for a small... Thoughts?
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Large with nest, tables, ash tool, bag of lump for $1050 .

XL with all the same as above for $800.

Needless to say I got hooked up on the XL
    ·
  • 800 for L included nest, place setter and bag of BGE charcoal
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • Large with ash tool, bag o lump and daisy wheel for $349. Of course that was back in 1995 when the forum had about 30 members.
    ·
  • Large with Full size table, cover ,rib rack,platesetter, ash tool, grate gripper, bag of lump and starter sticks $ 1625.00 in July 2012
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • svendanglesvendangle Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    My wife is in marketing and she able to get me a large for free and gave it to me for my B-Day. Thought I was gonna flip! I built a table around it and let me tell y'all, it's easy and well worth it. I saw some on sale for up to $800 and it only cost me $80, a day in the sun, and a couple beers.
    ·
  • BjorgBjorg Posts: 233
    Bought mine in the us and drove it to Canada. XL wit lump and some accessories for $1150 USD
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • I wish my buddy in Prague would chime in with the cost of his LBGE.  He lurks, but doesn't post.
    Chances are he should be able to get the powder really cheap
     :))
    Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind... don't matter !
    ·
  • :))
    Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind... don't matter !
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

My first BGE has now cost me roughly $12,000

Egg # 1 $700 (Lg)

Egg # 2 $400 (Sm)

Egg # 3 $200 (mini)

Egg # 4 won in a cooks' raffle

Additional pots, pans, pizza stones, plate setters $3,000

Improvements to deck & outside cooking area $7,000 

Other stuff $700

This doesn't include lump, Eggfests, store cooks, shirts, hats, aprons....etc, etc, etc...

Being an Egghead...PRICELESS

·