Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Spontaneous Cast Iron Pan Pizza Cook

cazzycazzy Posts: 6,531
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
So at 6:30pm, I decided I was going to make a pizza.  Didn't have any dough, but I decided I was going to make a Cast Iron Pie.  Started thinking about @Zippylip 's Mushroom Pizza cook, so I figured I'd go with that as my inspiration.  Used his dough recipe and went with a 1/2 batch like he did for his mushroom pie.  

Could the dough have proofed a lot longer?  Heck yeah, but for 90 minute old dough, it sure was awesome.  Did I know what I was doing?  Nope!  Did I somehow stumble into a pan pizza that was better than anything I could have ordered?  Sure did!   :P  

3rd pizza cook in 4 days...I'm either going mad or the Italian in me is coming to the surface.  lol
Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...

Comments