Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asparagus stuffed chicken breast with cilantro and Jalapeño cream sauce

I decided to try something a little different last night.  Turned out to be the best dish I have made so far on the BGE.  It's a asparagus stuffed chicken breast with cilantro and jalapeno cream sauce.  Made the sauce first in the kitchen and cooked the chicken on indirect heat at 350 for about 35 min on the BGE.  My wife was pissed about spending so much money on the BGE, but now I have convinced her it was money well spent!

Comments

• nice!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    SOLD, My Wife told me that I need to make this for dinner tonight.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks great. Do you have a recipe or a link to one on the interweb somewheres?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• This is how I cooked it.  I took an old recipe my wife had in her cook book and changed it around and added the Jalapeños.  Was amazing!

2 chicken breast
    Salt and pepper
    Olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, finely minced
    4 green onions, thinly sliced
    3/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
    2 cups heavy cream
    Juice of two limes
    3 jalapeños (chopped finely) I like it spicy so I keep some of the seeds.

Heat oil in over medium heat; sauté the garlic, Jalapeño,  and onion for a few minutes. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 6 minutes to reduce slightly (stirring occasionally). Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 1 minute longer.
    Pound the chicken breast until even.  Season chicken with a little olive oil, salt pepper, and garlic powder.  Pour a little of the cream sauce into a separate container and dip chicken into it.  Also dip the asparagus in the cream sauce.  Roll the chicken up with the asparagus inside and use tooth picks to hold in place. 

Cook on Big Green Egg for 30 min at 350 (Indirect heat) or until done.  Reheat cream sauce and pour over chicken prior to eating.