Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spontaneous Cast Iron Pan Pizza Cook

cazzycazzy Posts: 5,822
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
So at 6:30pm, I decided I was going to make a pizza.  Didn't have any dough, but I decided I was going to make a Cast Iron Pie.  Started thinking about @Zippylip 's Mushroom Pizza cook, so I figured I'd go with that as my inspiration.  Used his dough recipe and went with a 1/2 batch like he did for his mushroom pie.  

Could the dough have proofed a lot longer?  Heck yeah, but for 90 minute old dough, it sure was awesome.  Did I know what I was doing?  Nope!  Did I somehow stumble into a pan pizza that was better than anything I could have ordered?  Sure did!   :P  

3rd pizza cook in 4 days...I'm either going mad or the Italian in me is coming to the surface.  lol
Join the 2014 Egghead Rub & Sauce Exchange!!!!  Sign up by September 22, 2014.

Comments