Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cast Iron Grate

Just got my new cast iron gate and looking forward to using it this weekend. Does the CI become my new everyday grate, or are there times that it is better to still use the factory grate?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,240
    I only using my CI grid when I sear. Every other cook, I use the stock grid. I'm sure you can make it your everyday grid but I use it when I need good heat retention.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,135
    edited December 2012
    The SS grid is easier to move around, so I use it the most, much like the "Mad Minnesotan Mud Duck", I use my CI primarily for searing. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    I got a cast iron grate when my Egg was new. I have never used the standard grate.

Tim
    ·